Watercolour Wednesday 4: Pictures and Poems
Time & Location
About The Event
Materials and Information
During this workshop we will explore the visual effects of using and infusing warm and cool colours with the sun and moon as our models! Learn some cosmic techniques for adding shimmer and sparkle and combine collaged poetry for profound impact! Learn exquisite colour mixing techniques, tips for creating an impactful and fun layout and how to add layers with print, paper and pencil. Use your gentle moon and sun illustrations for cards, tags and bookmarks...or create a whole page layout in a sketchbook. Perhaps you'll be inspired to paint the universe! If you're new to drawing and painting don't worry, this is a great place to start! I'll take through every stage giving you loads of tips and advice. If you've got more experience, you'll still learn something new and this style of painting is great for loosening up and having fun.
All abilities welcome!
- Book onto this session and you will receive a zoom link to the live session.
- You will be sent all printable references, templates and instructions a few days before the live workshop.
- You don't have to attend live. After the event, you will receive a video link of the recording so you don't need to be there in person if you prefer to watch and work at a time of your choosing.
What you will need for this workshop:
- Watercolour paints
- Water-soluble pencils and/or good quality colouring pencils
- Pieces of watercolour paper, heavy cartridge paper or a sketchbook
- Brushes (round, pointed size 2,4,6)
- A water pot
- Kitchen paper
- Glue stick
- Something from which you can cut out words (old book...Mills&Boon is ace...or 50 Shades of Grey? a magazine, newspaper, junk mail etc)
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list.
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.
- Pictures and Poems£10£100£0