Watercolour Wednesday 2: Magical Blended Botanicals for Cards and Journals
Time & Location
About The Event
Materials and Information
A mystical and magical workshop which is both deliciously relaxing and inspiring at the same time. Because of the abstract nature of these beautiful floral forms, you cannot predict your blended outcome and instead must leave the infused colours to mix, mingle and do their magical work! During this workshop you will learn how to charge in colours, which colours work well together, fabulous fail safe colour mixing techniques, tips for creating both miniature and larger colour spreads, how to add/ take away subtle layers AND how to add the smallest of decorative elements to make your design really sing! It's highly addictive as there are so many lovely possiblities!
By using illustrative techniques, this workshop helps your watercolour abilities grow too! Use your botanical compositions for greeting cards and tags or in your sketchbook and journal art. If you're new to drawing and painting don't worry, this is a great place to start! I'll take through every stage sharing with you loads of tips, tricks and advice. If you've got more experience, you'll still learn something new as this style of painting is great for loosening up and having fun.
All abilities very welcome!
- Book onto this session and you will receive a zoom link to the live session.
- You will be sent all printable references, templates and instructions a few days before the live workshop.
- You don't have to attend live. After the event, you will receive a video link of the recording so you don't need to be there in person if you prefer to watch and work at a time of your choosing.
What you will need for this workshop:
- Watercolour paints in a wide variety of colours
- Brushes (round, pointed,size 6 and size 4)
- A water pot
- Fine liners, waterproof
- Some scraps/bits of watercolour paper or heavyweight cartridge paper or sketchbook
- A pencil and eraser
- Optional: White Posca pen (Ultra Fine 0.7mm) or a white gel pen, Finetec Coliro Metallic watercolours** or glittery gel pens.
- **These watercolours can be bought as a set or individually for about £4. If you buy a single one, I'd recommend Arabic Gold or Heart of Gold (gold and silver). In the U.K, Jackson's Art have a good range.
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list.
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.
- Magical Blended Botanicals£10£100£0