Time & Location
17 Mar 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
About The Event
Materials & Information
Learn to make an AMAZING multifaceted pocket book and fill it with the most wondrous works of art! During this workshop you will learn three variations of a pocket book (plus numerous adaptations and options) as well as methods of creating miniature artworks to fill the pockets. I'll show you some really easy and very addictive abstract techniques from which you can create your own tiny paintings and sculptures! You may choose to recreate some tiny master works of art using painting and collage...or maybe combine the two and have your own art sat next to a Picasso!!. There is so many options making this a really fun and versatile project for all abilities and creative backgrounds.
This is a relaxing workshop suitable for all...and you don't need to be able to draw! ...promise!!
- Book onto this session and you will receive a zoom link to the live session.
- You will be sent all printable references, templates and instructions a few days before the live workshop.
- You don't have to attend live. After the event, you will receive a video link of the recording so you don't need to be there in person if you prefer to watch and work at a time of your choosing.
What do I need?
- Fine liners (waterproof, variety of nib sizes small so 0.1mm or smaller if possible such as 0.05mm) in black
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- A4 sheet of smooth watercolour paper OR heavyweight cartridge paper (approx 140lb/220gsm) *
- A few pieces of A4 copier paper (You can use a better sheet of of A4/A3 paper for the finished book and experiment with unusual papers, packing paper, wrapping paper etc. During this session we will practice the book folds on copier paper)
- Glue stick
- Needle and thread
- Bone folder/blunt knife/your nail!
- Something to colour with: coloured pencils, coloured fine liners, watercolour, gouache (palette water pot, small brushes (size 1 or 2) if you're using paint)
- Optional: Scraps of vintage paper or magazine pages, junk mail, old music, newspaper, old books, scraps of thread etc
I will show you how to make a really quick layered piece of abstract art to chop up. If you'd like to do this you'll need:
Watercolours, palette, water pot, kitchen roll, large brush size 6/8/10, coloured pencils, wax crayon/candle. Posca pen(s) and/or oil pastels and/or gel pens. An extra piece of heavyweight A4 cartridge paper.You can also use gouache too.
Dig around in your art box and find a selection of things to try and experiment with! You could literally use anything for this!! Even wax crayons, run out felt tips and highlighter pens..I'll show you how!
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list.
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.
Pocket Art Gallery Workshop£15.00