Sketchbook Club 8: Painting Houses
Time & Location
About The Event
What do I get?
- Access to the live class via zoom
- A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
- Downloadable references
- Loads of friendly advice and support!
Materials and Information:
Houses are a great source of inspiration for many artists because of their huge variety of shape, colour, detail and architectural history. They are particularly useful as a sketching and painting model because they stay still!
During this class you will learn about colour mixing AND the layering of paint to create form, depth and texture to your house illustration. There is also the option of adding additional mixed media details for an added colour pop!
This class is a perfect companion to the Drawing Houses workshop which is available as an live class/instant download.
Materials required for this class:
- Pencil 2B or softer
- Eraser, Pencil sharpener
- A sketchbook or heavyweight A4 cartridge paper or smooth watercolour paper
- A waterproof fine liner pen (approx nib size 0.3mm)
- OPTIONAL: A waterproof brush pen: I like the Zebra WFT52 Brush pen as it's double ended with a flexible tip. Approx £3.95 from Cult Pens but use any that you have or just try with a brush and paint.
- Watercolour Paint
- Mixing palette (or china plate)
- A few brushes (pointed) size 4, 6-8 and a largest brush size 10-12
- White gel pen/posca paint pen in white 0.7mm nib (Ultra Fine)
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Optional: Marker pens, dip nib and holder, indian ink, soft graphite stick, coloured pencils
- Damp cloth/wet wipes for your hands
- I will provide you references to work from but please feel free to use images of your choice if you prefer
For more information about sketchbooking and materials in general take a look here
- Painting Houses£15£150£0