Time & Location
20 May 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
What you get:
- Access to the live session via Zoom
- Video of the workshop with unlimited access
- Printable instructions and references
Materials and Information
A house can tell a story of a region or country. Many houses carry their own special story which is why they are such good sketchbook fodder. If you're daunted by what to sketch when you are out and about or traveling then a little house can be a good place to start and works as a great theme for a travel journal or artist's book.
During this workshop you will learn 3 different style of illustrative sketching which can be applied not just to houses but buildings in general. Use these techniques to fill a sketchbook just with houses or add to your current sketchbook or journaling practice. I will take you on a special V.I.P tour of my 'housey' sketchbook which I hope will inspire and give you loads of ideas to explore yourself. Everyone welcome, this workshop is suitable for all abilities!
What is sketchbook club? This small informal sketchbook group meets every few weeks and provides creative support, tuition, inspirational prompts and guidance to help start or develop your sketchbook practice. By using a sketchbook to record life's events, big and small or as a safe place to experiment and find your inner artist, you can learn a lot about yourself whilst developing your own creative skills. It can be hard to get going with a sketchbook so pop in and join my regular sketchbook group whenever you feel like it via the live classes or throught the recorded workshops. Maybe you want to loosen up, learn to draw, paint, write, collage, experiment...a sketchbook is the place for all that and more!
What do I need?
- Pencil 2B or softer
- Eraser, Pencil sharpener
- A sketchbook or heavyweight A4 cartridge paper or smooth watercolour paper
- A waterproof fine liner pen
- A waterproof brush pen: I like the Zebra WFT52 Brush pen as it's double ended with a flexible tip. Approx £3.95 from Cult Pens but use any that you have or just try with a brush and paint.
- Watercolour or gouache paint (I will be demoing in watercolour)
- Mixing palette (or china plate)
- A few brushes size 6-8
- White gel pen/posca paint pen in white 0.7mm nib (Ultra Fine)
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Optional: Marker pens, dip nib and holder, indian ink, soft graphite stick, coloured pencils
- Damp cloth/wet wipes for your hands
- I will provide you references to work from but please feel free to use images of your choice if you prefer
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list. If you're still unsure pop along anyway and see what it's all about!
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.
A House a Day£15.00