Time & Location
23 Mar 2023, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
About The Event
Information and Materials
Learn how to illustrate pots, seeds, seedlings and tools to create pleasing and meditative patterns and layouts in your sketchbook with ink and watercolour. Use the techniques to record planting and growth of plants or just for fun! During the class, we will be also be investigated stages of growth and drawing simple illustrated diagrams with labels which look so good in a garden or nature journal. We will use a lot of artist license too so if you are a beginner or have trouble getting started this is a great class for you! The techniques taught can so easily be adapted to create stationary cards and mini books and I will share examples of these during the workshop.
All experience levels are welcome xx
What do I get when I buy?
- You will receive a Zoom link, materials list and printable downloads the morning before the class.
- A recording of the class will be sent out the following day. You don;t need to be there live and can watchthe workshop in your own time
- Unlimited access. The recording will be added to your Wild Ink library. You can create an account with this free doodlebird workshop
What do I need to take part?
A pencil (2B)/pen and a sketchbook/some paper is all you need to get going! If you're not sure what to use, the pencil and paper is a brilliant 'low barrier' starting point.
I usually have a collection of various art materials that I can access during these workshops including:
- A sketchbook or cartridge paper pad
- Coloured pencils/water soluable pencils and crayons
- Some watercolour paint
- An eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Paint brushes (pointed size 2, 4, 6,),
- Kitchen roll
- Graphite pencil 2B
- Water pot
- A pen with water proof ink. Fine liners are great for this and come with different nib sizes!
I also like to use sketching sessions to test out things I don't usually draw with like:
oil pastels, chalk pastels, graphite sticks, charcoal etc. Sometimes, I use bits of old paper that I collage onto the picture. If you'd like to try this then have a rummage for some interesting paper samples, glue stick and scissors!
Seeds, Pots and Tiny Tools£20.00