Time & Location
12 May 2022, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
Materials & Information
Own your very own palace with out all the cleaning...although you'd just have staff wouldn't you?? In celebration of HRH The Queen's Platinum Jubilee, we are going to be creating our very own royal residence in the form of a pop-out palace with lots of tiny interactive paper elements such as guards, flags, spectators, trees and HRH herself! Feel free to add statues, errant corgis...maybe a pigeon or two?! There are two options with this workshop...you could go present day or historical or choose to create both as it's a lot of fun to add all the tiny details. These little palaces not only look cute but when folded to lie flat and, as a result, are brilliant to add into a sketchbook or give as a card to a friend. They are easy, fun to make with lots of very nice creative decisions to be made! We will be slowly collaging the frontage and I will show you how you can adapt this technique to create a collage version of your own house. It's a really easy project and takes time but in a reallt nice sort of pottering way...nothing difficult.
With loads of tips and tricks this is a relaxing workshop suitable for all...and you don't need to be able to draw! All the elements used to create this lovely project can be traced and coloured or simply coloured in and cut out however if you do have more experience you can add loads of your own drawn details so it's really flexible.
- Book onto this session and you will receive a zoom link to the live session.
- You will be sent all printable references, templates and instructions a few days before the live workshop.
- You don't have to attend live. After the event, you will receive a video link of the recording so you don't need to be there in person if you prefer to watch and work at a time of your choosing.
What do I need?
- Fine liners (waterproof, variety of nib sizes small so 0.1mm or smaller if possible such as 0.05mm) in black
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- 3-4 A4 sheets of smooth watercolour paper OR heavyweight cartridge paper or card (approx 140lb/220gsm) *
- Glue stick
- Double sided tape
- Tracing paper
- Scapel/craft knife, cutting mat and ruler
- Bone folder/blunt butter knife
- Something to colour with: coloured pencils, coloured fine liners, watercolour,
- Palette, water pot, brushes (round pointed, sizes 2, 6 8 approx. if you're using paint)
- Small Posca paint pen (ultra fine, 0.7mm nib) in white and/or other colours OR gel pens in various colour
- white Oil Pastel or wax crayon
- Kitchen Roll
- VERY IMPORTANTLY: a few magazines or brochures to cut up. Upmarket homes and interior mags are perfect for this project!
- Optional: Gold paint/gel pens
Pop-out Paper Palaces£15.00