Time & Location
23 Sept 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
Materials and Information
This class is perfect for beginners as pebbles are REALLY easy to draw and paint! Not only that, but with careful observation and mindful sketching, the process of filling a sketchbook page is incredibly relaxing. Slowly, slowly you can build a truly beautiful page.
During this workshop you will learn gentle sketching and painting techniques with stunning results and I will talk you through the benefits of 'collective' sketchbooking. You will learn effective layout techniques for pages with just a few pebbles to a whole beach-like spread! As always I will share with you my cheats, tricks and pebbley sketchbook pages to help inspire your own creations.
This is a fun, friendly and inclusive workshop for all abilities.
Materials needed for this workshop
- Photo references will be provided for this workshop but you may like to try drawing from life, if so, you will need a collection of pebbles to observe and sketch.
- Fine liners (waterproof, nib size 0.5mm and 0.1mm) in brown or black or a fountain pen with waterproof ink (NB. Brown fine liner/ink gives a lovely sepia feel to the design)
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- Smooth watercolour paper or heavyweight cartridge paper or sketchbook
- Watercolour paints
- Paintbrushes (Round approx size 4, 6, 8)
- Coloured Pencils/water soluble pencils
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- White oil pastel/wax crayon/candle
What do I get?
- Access to the live class via zoom
- A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
- Downloadable references and a materials list (emailed to you before the class)
- Loads of friendly advice and support!
Peaceful Pebble Sketching£15.00