Time & Location
01 Dec 2022, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
Online Even Via Zoom
About The Event
(Click on 'Read More' for materials)
What you get:
- Access to the live session via Zoom
- Video of the workshop with unlimited access
- Printable materials list, tracing sheets and references
Materials and Information
In this festive papercraft workshop we will be creating paper models of characters from the Nutcracker which can be used as decorations or given to friends. If you liked the painted paper angel class, you'll love this one because we use many of the same techniques but with some added extras! You could choose to create more detailed individual tree decorations or combine them with some quick techniques to build a beautiful festive garland to hang above a fireplace or door.
This project starts off with 'trace and transfer' so you don't need to be a confident sketcher to take part. It's a great way to get started and then you can really enjoy adding all the beautiful festive embellishments with mixed media and decorative papers. If you have more experience you might like to try a more freehand approach to the drawing and illustration techniques which I will be showing throughout the class.
This is a very relaxing and addictive project which is perfect for pottering with during the winter evenings with the fire roaring and a glass of mulled wine alongside you! All experience levels are very welcome! (Festive nibbles are also essential, I think!!)
What do I need?
- Pencil HB (and a pencil with a softer lead to trace the designs e.g 2B/3B/4B)
- Pencil sharpener
- A4 heavyweight cartridge paper/thicker card or watercolour paper approx 200gsm
- Waterproof fine liner pens in a variety of nib sizes. Waterproof brush/‘fude’ pens are very good for this project too if you like a more expressive line.
- Double sided tape/strong glue stick
- Watercolour paint and water pot
- Good Quality Coloured Pencils
- Brushes: Round pointed selection ( I recommend a large and small brush for this project approx sizes 8 or 10 and a size 2)
- Tracing Paper
- Split pins or a darning needle and strong thread
- Decorative bits and pieces! This could be: scraps of decorative fabric and paper, mixed media bits from your art cupboard. I recommend Gouache, Posca Paint Pens, Neo colour crayons, glitter pens, gold/silver paint or whatever you like using! Sequins and sparkly bits look fantastic on these decorations!
- A hole punch/needle and some decorative ribbon/thread/string
**You do not need to be at the live event to purchase this workshop as all participants will be sent a recording**
For more information about sketchbooks and materials CLICK HERE
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes CLICK HERE
Paper Nutcracker Decs£20.00