Time & Location
29 Sept 2022, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
(Click on 'Read More' for materials)
What you get:
- Access to the live session via Zoom
- Video of the workshop with unlimited access
- Printable instructions and references
Materials and Information
In this workshop we will be using historical garden map layouts and motifs to create a unique cartographic creation!
This is an easy an relaxing class with minimal materials but the multitude of options and variations make it quite additive. No drawing skills are needed and there will be loads of fabulous references to use to build up your map. The endless options mean that you could use this workshop to map your own garden but the emphasis will be on creating an imaginary garden from the endless source of historical references. These garden maps are lovely in a sketchbook or garden journal but can also be used on cards and stationary. The garden maps in my sketchbooks have folds and creases so they surprise the viewer...I'll show you that too!
With loads of tips and tricks, this workshop is suitable for all abilities!
What do I need?
- Pencil HB
- Pencil sharpener
- 1 x piece of A4 heavyweight cartridge paper/thin card
- 1 X piece of thinner cartridge paper (if you don't have this you could better quality printer paper)
- Cheap copier paper to practice folds
- Waterproof fine liner pens in a variety of nib sizes
- Thin double sided tape
- Ruler or craft knife and cutting mat.
- Optional (but recommended) : watercolours, small brush, waterpot
- Optional: paper for cover: decorative paper, brown paper, old book/music sheets or just use the printable paper sheets provided
You do not need to be at the live event to purchase this workshop as all participants will be sent a recording.
For more information about sketchbooks and materials CLICK HERE
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes CLICK HERE