Thu, 24 Jun|
Marvellous Miniature Maps!
Get lost in making a map! A creative and clever way to record a story, immortalise a special place or document a journey.
Time & Location
24 Jun 2021, 19:00 – 21:00
About The Event
What do I get?
- Access to the live class via zoom
- A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
- Downloadable references, instructions and materials list (emailed to you before the class)
- Loads of friendly advice and support!
Materials and Information
Lose yourself in a project with endless directions and creative possibilities. Once you start making these little maps you'll be hooked!
Why not add mini maps to your sketchbook or travel journal? Create a map of a special location or wedding venue? Use on personal stationary and greetings cards. Make a map of your garden to add to a nature or garden journal...there's so may options!
Come a long to this throughly relaxing workshop which combines illustration and collage techniques. We will spend a heavenly two hours pottering with paper, paint and found text. You will learn all about layout, quick painting and layering techniques and collage. There so many little tips along the way that help you to find a pathway to creative freedom! Hooray!
What you will need for this workshop:
- Watercolour paints
- OPTIONAL: Coloured pencils Water-soluble pencils and/or good quality colouring pencils
- Pieces of watercolour paper, heavy cartridge paper or a sketchbook
- Brushes (round, pointed size 2,4,6)
- A Pencil, Eraser and Sharpener
- OPTIONAL: white gel pen/posca pen or white gouache
- A waterproof fine liner pen
- A water pot
- Kitchen paper
- Glue stick
- Something from which you can cut out words (old book...Mills&Boon is ace...or 50 Shades of Grey? a magazine, newspaper, junk mail etc.. Old maps can be really useful and you pick these up very cheaply from a charity shop or car boot sale. They don't need to be of your specific area. Old books and magazines which you are happy to cut up and relate to the type of map you want to make are great for this workshop. For example, if your are making a garden map then old garden magazines and books can be a helpful source of text)
For more information about my sketchbook workshops and materials in general CLICK HERE
Mini Map Workshop£15.00