Thu, 08 Jul|
Make a Mini Book: Illustrated Vintage Seed Catalogue
This tiny (and informative!) artist book is full of planting knowledge! The question is will you go for fruit, veg, flowers...or all three?
Time & Location
08 Jul 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
What do I get?
- Access to the live class via zoom
- A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
- Downloadable references, instructions and materials list (emailed to you before the class)
- Loads of friendly advice and support!
Materials and Information
These are SO MUCH FUN to make!!! During this workshop we will be binding a tiny book and adding illustrations and text to it on the theme of seeds and planting. Perhaps you could use it as a creative record of what you grow in your garden this year? You could choose to focus on your favourite plants, speciality plants, wild flowers, fruit, veg or combine them all! This little book could be popped into a paper pocket and added to a garden sketchbook as an interactive element or be given to a friend who likes gardening.
The mini book itself is full of painted and collaged elements which can be as simple or complex as you choose. You might like to add lettering which could be printed, hand drawn or collaged. You will learn how to create and combine all these elements into a visually effective design.
We will be drawing and painting during this workshop but the shapes and systems are really simple so perfect for beginners and those who want to build up their creative courage. Those with more experience are very welcome to bring more complexity the design.
What do I need?
- Pencils: 2B and HB
- Eraser and pencil sharpener
- Old book pages for upcycling (from a charity shop/car boot sale) If you prefer you could use cartridge paper or brown kraft paper
- A large darning style needle
- Some thick thread/twine/wool that will go through the eye of the needle
- A blunt butter knife or bone folder
- A waterproof fine liner pen
- Gouache paint
- Mixing palette (or china plate)
- Brushes size 2, 4 and 6
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Coloured pencils, good quality.
- Tracing paper
- OPTIONAL: An old toothbrush and watercolour paint for splattering!
- Post it notes or removeable tape
- Scissors, Glue stick
- Damp cloth/wet wipes for your hands
- OPTIONAL: White posca pen (0.7mm nib ultra fine) or white gel pen, scraps of paper, alphabet craft stamps and ink pad.
Illustrated Seed Catalogue£15.00