Time & Location
25 Nov 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
About The Event
Information and materials
Arrangements of flowers and foliage are something that many of us have from time to time in our homes and recording them in your sketchbook is a really nice way to capture and remember them especially if they have be given as gift or mark a special event. The process of looking and drawing them allows you to really enjoy the small details. With this as a base, during this gentle workshop you will learn how to approach sketching a vase of flowers in an expressive and illustrative way.
We will start with some quick scribbles to warm up and then a slower sketch, both using a range of media. At the end of the class I will also share a really simple fun technique for creating quick floral vase illustrations for greetings cards and stationary. As usual, 'normal' art rules don't apply as we freely sketch and scribble our way to creative freedom!
Suitable for all experience levels.
Materials required for this workshop:
- Provided with this workshop are some photo references to work from but you may like to try drawing from life, if so, you will need a vase of flowers/foliage to observe and sketch.
- Fine liners (waterproof, nib size 0.5mm and 0.1mm) in brown or black or a fountain pen with waterproof ink. I will be using a drawing dip nib and holder with waterproof ink during the class... if you have these, dig them out!
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- Smooth watercolour paper or heavyweight cartridge paper or sketchbook
- Watercolour paints
- Paintbrushes (Round, pointed approx size 4, 6, 8, 10) See Rosemary and Co. Red dot range!
- Coloured Pencils/water soluble pencils
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Optional: You can do this workshop with the above materials but I like to throw everything I've got at it!
- Felt tip pens/Tombow/art marker pens
- Oil pastels/chalk pastels
- Hairdryer to dry your work quickly!
Sketch a Vase of Flowers£15.00