Time & Location
22 Apr 2021, 19:00 – 20:30 BST
About The Event
Materials & Information:
In this workshop we will learn to illustrate a beautiful vintage style french dresser! During this class we will use a range of illustrative techniques and loads to cheats to create a dresser of dreams! Have fun creating and arranging all the elements in a fail safe and easy way. Loads of painting and layout tips throughout AND various options of size and finish. Use this lovely project as a finished piece of wall art or add to your sketchbook or journal. You could even use the small dresser elements on cards and in mini books if you prefer to work on a miniature scale. As always the options and variations are numerous and adaptable to all ages and abilities.
- Book onto this session and you will receive a zoom link to the live session.
- You will be sent all printable references, templates and instructions a few days before the live workshop.
- You don't have to attend live. After the event, you will receive a video link of the recording so you don't need to be there in person if you prefer to watch and work at a time of your choosing.
What do I need?
- Fine liner (waterproof, approx nib size 0.1mm or smaller!) in black
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- An A4 sheet of cartridge paper or thin card or sketchbook for your dresser
- Two sheets of A4 thin card /heavy weight cartridge/watercolour paper.
- Acrylic or Gouache paint. If you don't have this you can use watercolour.
- Mixing Palette
- A selection of paint brushes (round, pointed, approx size 4 or 2 plus a larger size brush 6-8)
- Coloured pencils (Good Quality)
- White gel pen or Posca white paint pen ultra fine (0.7mm nib) (or white gouache)
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Watercolour Paints
- Glue stick or double sided tape
- Tracing paper
- Small ruler
- Scraps of vintage paper or magazine pages, junk mail, old music, newspaper, old books etc
- Special china, books, odds and ends nearby to use as an additional reference
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list.
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.