Thu, 13 Jul|
Illustrate your Travels: Food and Drink
Learn some easy and relaxing techniques to record a holiday, journey or special weekend away with the 'Illustrate your Travels' collection of mini workshops.
Time & Location
13 Jul 2023, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
Do you have big plans to journal when on holiday only to come home with an empty sketchbook? I am totally with you on this, it's really hard to know where to start and what to record when you are away to the point where you just don't do it! I have found that two things really help...
- Keeping the process SUPER simple
- Having an EASY system/method for generating your illustrated and written content.
With this 'recipe' you don't need to 'think', you just 'do'!
During these 2 hour workshops, we focus on a specific subject and easy ways to record it in your travel journal. I will show you how to use these subjects as
a visual device to tell the story of your holiday. Learn how to use these elements as a small and simple illustation to accompany a written diary entry or go for a fully illustrated sketchbook spread!
There is an easy system for each of the projects so that when you are away you don't need to make any complicated decisions and the materials you need are limited which helps with decision making (and packing!). These mini projects compliment the course Travel Journaling: A Beginnner's Guide but you don't need to have done this workshop to enjoy this collection of classes which is suitable for ALL experience levels.
Every week there will be:
- A simple method for drawing/painting each subject
- An easy written journal prompt to add text to your travels!
- A challenge to complete if you fancy the practice! (I'll be doing these too so we can check in each week!)
What do I get when I buy?
- You will receive a Zoom link, materials list and printable downloads the morning before the class.
- A recording of the class will be sent out the following day. You don't need to be there live and can watch the workshop in your own time
- Unlimited access! The recording of the workshop will be added to your Wild Ink library. You can create an account with this free doodlebird workshop
What do I need to take part?
As we are travel journaling, the materials we will use during these workshops will be the same each week:
- A sketchbook or cartridge paper pad
- Coloured pencils/water soluable pencils and crayons
- Some watercolour paint
- An Eraser
- A Pencil sharpener
- A Pencil (2B)
- A water brush pen OR Paint brushes (pointed size 4, 8 or 10),
- Kitchen roll
- Water pot
- Mixing Palette
- A pen with waterproof ink. Fine liners are great for this and come with different nib sizes!
- If you like to trace, you will some tracing paper and a HB pencil
- A small ruler is handy for the Signs workshop but I am happy drawing wobbly lines to work from!
- Photo references from your own travels linking to the subject we are drawing (...although references will be also provided!)