Time & Location
03 Nov 2022, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
Online Event via Zoom
About The Event
(Click on 'Read More' for materials)
What you get:
- Access to the live session via Zoom
- Video of the workshop with unlimited access
- Printable materials list, tracing sheets and references
Materials and Information
A relaxing workshop where, together, we will be creating a glorious collection of winter wear to decorate cards, labels and stationary. You will learn the basic method which is so easy and relaxing and I'll then take you through loads of lovely variations and lots of different card design ideas to which you can apply your illustrated, knitted knickers...or other garments!
You may choose to focus on illustrating different versions of one item (socks, bobble hats, jumpers etc) or create a whole festive washing line!
There is a trace a transfer option in this class so you don't need to be a confident sketcher to take part. If you have more experience you might like to try the more freehand drawing and illustration techniques which I will be showing throughout the class. You will also learn how to make limited palette colour choices which are brilliant for creating an eye catching design.
This is a very relaxing and addictive project which is perfect for pottering with during the winter evenings with the fire roaring and a glass of mulled wine alongside you! All experience levels are welcome!
What do I need?
- Pencil HB (and a pencil with a softer lead if you would like to trace the designs e.g 2B/3B/4B)
- Pencil sharpener
- A4 heavyweight cartridge paper
- Waterproof fine liner pens in a variety of nib sizes. Waterproof brush/‘fude’ pens are very good for this project too if you like a more expressive line.
- Double sided tape/strong glue stick
- Watercolour paint and water pot
- Good Quality Coloured Pencils
- Brushes: Round pointed selection ( I recommend a large and small brush for this project approx sizes 8 or 10 and a size 2)
- Card Stock/card blanks/blank labels to use for your greetings card base. I love buying sheets of Khadi Paper and ripping it to size.
- Optional: Tracing Paper, mixed media bits from your art cupboard. I recommend Gouache, Posca Paint Pens, Neo colour crayons, glitter pens, gold/silver paint or whatever you like using!
You do not need to be at the live event to purchase this workshop as all participants will be sent a recording.
For more information about sketchbooks and materials CLICK HERE
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes CLICK HERE
Winter Woolies Greetings Cards£20.00