Thu, 17 Nov|
Online Event via Zoom
Festive Cards with Secret Surprises!
'Twas the night before Christmas... is the theme for this magical workshop but what secret surprise will you add to your card?
Time & Location
17 Nov 2022, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
Online Event via Zoom
About The Event
(Click on 'Read More' for materials)
Materials and Information
If an art workshop could be described as cosy it's this one! On opening this card, the recipent will enter into a warm and inviting festive living room or snowy winter village. Not only that but they will be presented with tiny interactive elements...the sort you might find in the very best children's books!
In this class, you will learn how to illustrate a festive card with suprise papercrafted parts. At the beginning of the workshop we will learn the basic format and a really simple design which is great if you want to make loads of cards. Moving on, we will add more crafty & illustrated bits and bobs, little books and folded sections. These cards are great fun as it's like decorating a miniature house or a model village! Use the cards to send to a friend or as a beautiful stand up mantle display.
This is one of my special art 'recipe' projects where I show you the basic 'ingredients' and method but there is loads of room for you to add your own special touch and variations. It's a great way to get yourself started if you are new to art, a bit nervous or just want a lovely relaxing project to follow along with!
With loads of tips and tricks, this workshop is suitable for all experience levels!
What you get:
- Access to the live session via Zoom
- Video of the workshop with unlimited access
- Printable instructions and references
What do I need?
- Pencil HB (and a pencil with a softer lead if you would like to trace the designs e.g 2B/3B/4B)
- Pencil sharpener
- A4 heavyweight cartridge paper/thicker card or watercolour paper approx 200gsm
- Waterproof fine liner pens in a variety of nib sizes.
- Double sided tape/strong glue stick
- Watercolour paint and water pot
- Good Quality Coloured Pencils
- Brushes: Round pointed selection ( I recommend a large and small brush for this project approx sizes 8 or 10 and a size 2/4)
- Tracing Paper
- A darning needle and strong thread
- Decorative bits and pieces! This could be: scraps of paper, decorative paper, old books, old music, old Christmas cards, festive interiors magazines, Mixed media bits from your art cupboard. I recommend Gouache, Posca Paint Pens, Neo colour crayons, glitter pens, gold/silver paint or whatever you like using! Little stick on stars, sequins, stamps
- Sheets of A4 coloured card for the base of your card design
- White copier paper
- Craft knife/scalpel, cutting mat, blunt butter knife or bone folder
**You do not need to be at the live event to purchase this workshop as all participants will be sent a recording in the days following the workshop**
For more information about sketchbooks and materials CLICK HERE
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes CLICK HERE
Festive Card Workshop£20.00