Time & Location
08 Feb 2024, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
Live on Zoom with Recording
About The Event
Click 'Read More' for full details and a materials list!
A Fusion of Stories and Art!
Are you ready to bring the magic of your favorite books to life through the strokes of your pen and the pages of your sketchbook? Dive into the whimsical world of sketching and journaling your favourite books in a workshop designed to ignite your creativity and connect you with the stories that resonate in your heart. Bookworms, literature enthusiasts, arty folk and creative minds all welcome!
- Join me for this gentle drawing workshop where stories unfold not just in words, but in the strokes and scribbles of your own pencil! During this class we will be looking a loads of ways to draw from the books you enjoy...think covers, stacks and shelfies! Why not add notes, quotes, lists and reviews to your bibliophilic sketchbook pages (great for filling in the gaps!). The emphasis in this workshop will be on drawing rather than painting but please feel free to add a lick of paint to your sketch, I usually do!
What do I get when I buy?
- You will receive a Zoom link, materials list and printable downloads the morning before the class.
- A recording of the class will be sent out the following day. You don't need to be there live and can watch the workshop in your own time
- Unlimited access. After the live event, the recording will be added to your Wild Ink library. You can create an account with this free doodlebird workshop
What do I need to take part?
- Your treasured books! (It doesn't have to be a literary tome... cookery books, kids' books, puzzle books all count!)
- A sketchbook or cartridge paper pad
- A selection of coloured pencils/water soluble pencils
- Some watercolour paint (optional...you can just draw if you like!)
- An eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Paint brushes (pointed size 2, 4, 6, 10),
- Kitchen roll
- A graphite pencil and/or a waterproof ink pen
- Water pot