Thu, 16 Dec|
Cozy festive paper craft: Seasonal Sleigh with Painted Paper Presents!
A perfect handmade decoration to add to a merry mantlepiece or festive table!
Time & Location
16 Dec 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
About The Event
Click 'Read More' ...scroll down for more information and a materials list!
Decorate, cut, stick and build your very own miniature paper sleigh filled with teeny, tiny paper pressies!
This has to be THE most perfect project to hunker down with on those dark December nights. During this workshop you will learn some easy illustrative techniques for painting your sleigh. Add and layer spectacularly seasonal papery details, ribbons, wreaths and other jolly decorations! You may choose to go traditional with your decor or add your own magical creative twist with colour and collage. The basic design can be adapted in lots of different ways making it easy for you to create one or more unique, tiny sledges.
The next job is to fill your paper sleigh with lots of mini presents stacked precariously high! This process is like a workshop in it's own right as we will be creating bespoke Lilliputian gift wrap and other delightfully small-scale festive details!
This warm, welcoming and friendly class is suitable for all experience levels!
Materials required for this workshop:
- Gouache (or watercolour paint. I will be using gouache)
- Posca paint pens in red and white ULTRA FINE (0.7m)
- Good quality coloured pencils (I recommend Prismacolour)
- Brushes, round pointed size 2, 4, 6,8 (I recommend the 'Rosemary and Co' Red Dot series)
- A water pot
- Scissors And/OR craft knife/scapel with a cutting mat and ruler
- Double sided tape
- Pencil, eraser, sharpener
- Glue stick
- Watercolour OR Tombow pens or pale felt tip/marker pens. (Buy 3-4 pale pastel colours that you like the look of!)
- Small ruler
- Blunt knife
- If you have any scraps of pretty decorative paper with beautiful colours/small patterns on them bring them a long too!
- Craft blank matchboxes for decorating (quantity is up to you! I would recommend 10-20) to add to your present collection. These are not necassary for the live workshop as there will be gift box templates to use.
- Little scraps of thin ribbon/wool or threads
- Scraps of brown card or paper (could be from a brown envelope or luggage tag)
What do I get when I book on?
- Access to the live class via zoom
- A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
- Downloadable references and a materials list (emailed to you before the class)
- Loads of friendly advice and support!
If you want to join the live class, the cut off point for purchase will be 6.30pm UK time on the day of the workshop. Any bookings made after that time will be sent the workshop recording (and any printable templates and references linked to the workshop) the day after the live class takes place.
Seasonal Paper Sleigh Workshop£15.00