Thu, 02 Dec|
Cozy Festive Paper Craft: Enchanted Gingerbread Village
A twinkling and magical project which can be applied to cards tags and sketchbooks! Three Christmas projects for the price of one!
Time & Location
02 Dec 2021, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT
About The Event
Click on 'Read More' and scroll down for more information and a materials list
Fancy a bit of christmas doodling? It doesn't come any more festive that when applied to the most pretty of 'gingerbread' cottages delicated 'iced' with paint and glitter! Apply some illustrative techniques to these gorgeous little houses and build a whole snowy village. This is a slow, merry and mindful workshop full of wintry full to warm your creative soul. You will also learn how to apply the techniques to a sketchbook page project and a mini super quick version which can be added to cards and made into gift tags!
Materials required for this workshop:
- Gouache (If you are buying especially, just buy white for now. If you have some watercolours you can add them to the white for a bit of extra colour. In fact, as long as you have the two white pens you can create the little houses without the gouache and then buy later if you feel the houses need the added extra!)
- Posca paint pen in white ULTRA FINE (0.7m) (Feel free to buy additional colours if you would like to!)
- And/or a white gel pen
- A White pencil: Good quality (I recommend Prismacolour or Faber Castel Polychromos)
- Brushes, round pointed size 2, 4, (I recommend the 'Rosemary and Co' Red Dot series)
- A water pot
- Scissors And/OR craft knife/scapel with a cutting mat
- Double sided tape
- Pencil, eraser, sharpener
- Glue stick
- Ruler (for using as a scoring guide)
- Blunt knife
- Brown card thin enough to go through a printer 170-220 gsm works well. See here (If yours is a bit thick, the templates can be traced onto the card. I used Weetabix boxes for my first test on this and it looked really good!)
- Tracing paper (if you can't print on your card)
- A dip nib pen and holder. I will be using a Nikko G nib. Read about dip nibs for drawing in this brilliant blog post (This is not essential for the workshop as you can use a white gel pen and white pencil instead)
- Pentel Hybrid Metallic gel pens (the best on the market!)
- Brown kraft card greetings card blanks in any size (small is VERY cute, though!)
- Brown Kraft luggage style labels or gift tags
- Alphabet and number stamp pads with white/silver ink pad
- Ultra fine craft glitter
- A glue fine liner pen...yes, really!!! (Sakura 38480 Quickie Glue Pen Pouch or Zig Memory System MSB 1 mm Fine Tip 2 Way Glue Pen - Blue)
- Any tiny craft gems/jewels and appropriate adhesive
- Gold and Silver Finetec/Coliro watercolour paint (I recommend Arabic Gold M630 and Silver Pearl M1200-10 Jacksons Art have a good selection here . Go steady...there are a lot of beautiful colours!)
- Scraps of pretty vintage or decorative papers
- Tiny LED lights to light up your village or battery operated tealights?
What do I get when I book on?
Access to the live class via zoom
A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
Downloadable references and a materials list (emailed to you before the class)
Loads of friendly advice and support!
If you want to join the live class, the cut off point for purchase will be 6.30pm UK time on the day of the workshop. Any bookings made after that time will be sent the workshop recording (and any printable templates and references linked to the workshop) the day after the live class takes place.
Enchanted Gingerbread Village£15.00