Time & Location
06 May 2021, 19:00 – 20:30 BST
About The Event
What you get:
- Access to the live session via Zoom
- Video of the workshop with unlimited access
- Printable instructions and references
Materials and Information
Even if you don't feel like a spring chicken these days I guarantee that this beautiful project is guaranteed to give you wings (creative, metaphorical wings, that is!). During this workshop you will learn how to create this gorgeous fella using a fail-safe recipe system which means that you don't need to be able to draw...I promise! The whole process is relaxing and restorative as we learn to built layers of colour. All the difficult decisions here are made for you so that you can enjoy experimenting with colour and patterning effects. You will learn how to blend and build colour in mixed media, explore different options for adding text and how to make cohesive colour choices as well as loads of little useful tips, cheats and hacks!
Use this as a sketchbook project or for cards/home decor!
What do I need?
- Pencil: 2B and HB
- Pencil sharpener
- An A5 sketchbook (use a double page spread) or a piece of A4 heavyweight cartridge paper
- A waterproof fine liner pen
- Gouache paint and watercolour (can also be just done in watercolour, if you prefer)
- Mixing palette (or china plate)
- Brushes size 4 and 6
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Coloured pencils, good quality.
- Tracing paper
- An old toothbrush
- Damp cloth/wet wipes for your hands
- OPTIONAL: White posca pen (0.7mm nib ultra fine) or white gel pen, scraps of coloured paper, alphabet craft stamps and ink pad
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list. If you're still unsure pop along anyway and see what it's all about!
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.