Buzz in a Box!
Time & Location
About The Event
Materials & Information:
In this workshop we will learn to illustrate realistic little bugs to pop into a matchbox, giving the recipient quite a surprise! There will be loads of tips, tricks and cheats on painting and colouring your little bug to give it a really life-like appearance. I will show you how to build your own decorated matchbox in which to house your bug as well as loads of other creative ideas and variations which will most certainly inspire you to create a whole insectorium! What about adding three dimension bugs to little cards and tags? I'll show you my lift-the-flap bug book, too! This is a relaxing a fun workshop suitable for all...and you don't need to be able to draw!In
All abilities very welcome!
- Book onto this session and you will receive a zoom link to the live session.
- You will be sent all printable references, templates and instructions a few days before the live workshop.
- You don't have to attend live. After the event, you will receive a video link of the recording so you don't need to be there in person if you prefer to watch and work at a time of your choosing.
What do I need?
- Fine liner (waterproof, nib size 0.1mm or smaller!) in black
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- An A4 sheet of cartridge paper or thin card for your bugs
- Another sheet of A4 thin card or cartridge to make your box. You could use brown card or recycle the card from a cereal box etc. OR use an old ring box, gift box, matchbox, tobacco tin? Sardine cans and the base of corned beef tins are good for this too! Have a rummage around the house and get creative!
- Gouache paint. If you don't have this you can use watercolour.
- Mixing Palette
- Paintbrushes (round, pointed, approx size 4 or 2 )
- Coloured pencils (Good Quality)
- White gel pen or Posca white paint pen ultra fine (0.7mm nib) (or white gouache)
- Water pot
- Kitchen Roll
- Printable References (these will be sent out a few days before the workshop)
- Glue stick or double sided tape
- Tracing paper
- Small ruler
- Scraps of vintage paper or magazine pages, junk mail, old music, newspaper, old books etc
For more information about sketchbooks and materials go to my workshops page and scroll down. Click on the 'Sketchbook Materials and Information' button and you can download and print a materials list.
This session will be recorded and available to purchase after the event which is a great way to catch up on previous sessions. To view previous classes go to the Workshops page > On-Demand Workshops.
- Buzz in a Box£15£150£0