Time & Location
06 Apr 2023, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
About The Event
Information and Materials
An Easter themed workshop as we look carefully at birds eggs and try a variety of different watercolour techniques to record the colours and patterns. This is great opportunity to play with colour mixing and layering with mixed media and collage to get a range of egg-citing effects...(sorry!)
There is also be a bonus multicoloured mystery egg to have a play with too! These illustrated eggs look great as a museum style collection or as single eggs/small groups in a sketchbook or on cards
This class is suitable for all experience levels and there is a tracing sheet printable included if you are a non-drawer who prefers to paint and colour.
What do I get when I buy?
- You will receive a Zoom link, materials list and printable downloads the morning before the class.
- A recording of the class will be sent out the following day. You don't need to be there live and can watch the workshop in your own time
- Unlimited access. The recording will be added to your Wild Ink library. You can create an account with this free doodlebird workshop
What do I need to take part?
A pencil (2B)/pen and a sketchbook/some paper is all you need to get going! If you're not sure what to use, the pencil and paper is a brilliant 'low barrier' starting point.
I usually have a collection of various art materials that I can access during these workshops including:
- A sketchbook or cartridge paper pad
- Coloured pencils/water soluable pencils and crayons
- Some watercolour paint
- An eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Paint brushes (pointed size 2, 4, 6,10),
- Kitchen roll
- Graphite pencil 2B
- Water pot
- Sand paper/emery board (optional)
- Optional: White wax crayon/oil pastels/masking fluid pen or liquid
- A pen with water proof ink. Fine liners are great for this and come with different nib sizes!
I also like to use sketching sessions to test out things I don't usually draw with like:
oil pastels, chalk pastels, graphite sticks, charcoal etc. Sometimes, I use bits of old paper that I collage onto the picture. If you'd like to try this then have a rummage for some interesting paper samples, glue stick and scissors!
Birds' Eggs Sketchbook Page£20.00