Beautiful Brush Lettering for Beginners
Time & Location
About The Event
What do I get?
- Access to the live class via zoom
- A recording of the live class with infinite access (great if you can't attend the live class or want to rewatch)
- Downloadable references, tracing sheets, instructions and a materials list (emailed to you before the class)
- Loads of friendly advice and support!
Materials and Information
Have you ever wanted to learn how to create beautiful, flowing modern calligraphy style brush lettering but don't know where to start? Let me show you how in this beginner's workshop...
During this mindful and relaxing workshop, I will share with you my tips, tricks and techniques on how to begin your brush lettering journey!
During this workshop you will learn:
- How to get started and keep going,
- Patterns, drills and meditative practice plans
- How to form single letters in upper and lowercase
- How to practice connections and join those letters into words
- How to adapt your own handwriting style into a brush lettered alphabet
- How to collect and develop a style of brush lettering which is uniquely your own
- What the best brush pens are and how to use them to the best effect!
You can do this!! Let me teach you how to upgrade your handwriting and learn this amazing and fun form of art which can be used in so many creative projects!
If you are looking to grow your brush lettering skills, the perfect follow on from this is my 'Applied Brush Lettering Workshop' on the 23rd September where we will be developing the techniques learnt in this class.
Material required for this workshop:
- Pencil (2B or softer)
- Ruler, Eraser, pencil sharpener
- Layout Paper (a smooth, semi transparent paper apporx 45-50gsm. Daler Rowney and Goldline pads are very good)
- A larger size brush pen in black... I recommend one of these:
Tombow Dual Brush Pen
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen
Zebra Brush Pen WFT52 Double ended
You might find (with all that practice you will doing) that it might be worth buying two brush pens so you have a back up!
OPTIONAL but would recommend!:
- Pental Water Brush Pen,
- Thin Cartridge Paper
- Watercolour paint (any colour)
- Water pot and mixing palette
- Brush Lettering Beginners£15£150£0