What you get:
- Video of the Live Workshop
- Printable House Refences
- Full Instructions with a materials list
Does your watercolour look flat? Add new levels of depth and dimension to your painting with this colourful and creative workshop!
During this workshop you will learn easy and effective techniques for painting buildings and well as some fail-safe colour mixing tips! We work through lots of mini sketchbook experiments including the layering of paint to create form, depth and texture to your house illustration. There is also the option of adding additional mixed media details for an added colour pop!
Houses are a great source of inspiration for many artists because of their huge variety of shape, colour, detail and architectural history. They are particularly useful as a sketching and painting model because they stay still! A house can tell a story of a region or country. Many houses carry their own special story which is why they are such good sketchbook fodder. If you're daunted by what to sketch when you are out and about or traveling then a little house can be a good place to start and works as a great theme for a travel journal or artist's book.
This class is a perfect companion to the Drawing Houses workshop which is available as an live class/instant download.
Use these techniques to fill a sketchbook just with houses or add to your current sketchbook or journaling practice. I will take you on a special V.I.P tour of my 'housey' sketchbook which I hope will inspire and give you loads of ideas to explore yourself. Everyone welcome, this workshop is suitable for all abilities but especially beginners and improvers.
Sketchbook Workshop: Painting Houses
- Pencil 2B or softer
- Eraser, Pencil sharpener
- A sketchbook or heavyweight A4 cartridge paper or smooth watercolour paper
- A waterproof fine liner pen
- OPTIONAL: A waterproof brush pen: I like the Zebra WFT52 Brush pen as it's double ended with a flexible tip. Approx £3.95 from Cult Pens but use any that you have or just try with a brush and paint.
- Watercolour paint (I will be demoing in watercolour)
- Mixing palette (or china plate)
- A few brushes size 6-8...maybe a smaller one like a size 4 but I tend to work with big brushes. A large size 10-12 brush can also be helpsful for this workshop
- White gel pen/posca paint pen in white 0.7mm nib (Ultra Fine)
- Optional: Marker pens, dip nib and holder, indian ink, soft graphite stick, coloured pencils, watercolour pencils, white wax crayon/oil pastel/candle
- Damp cloth/wet wipes for your hands
- You will receive links to download your digital products in the 'Thank You' page of the Checkout, along with an emailed 'Order Summary' which also has a link.
- This link will last for 30 days. Because this is a downloadable product, we don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order. We'd be happy to help!
- This project is for personal use only and for the purchasing recepient only. The sale of art made from this workshop, or the re-sale of the workshop is forbidden. If you are going to be making a commercial art product based on this workshop with the intention of selling it, please contact me to purchase a commercial licence.