Loosen up, lose your fear and engage your eyes, brain and drawing hand to your subject matter without even trying! Magic!
Learn to sketch the easy way with some wild and reckless techniques that are guaranteed to help you draw what you SEE rather than what you think you can see! The techniques we will using can be really helpful when sketching from life to speedily record a time or place. They will be an invaluable tool to have in your creative brain box!
During this workshop we will be using chickens as our subject matter but the excercises we will use are transferable or any subject matter. Buildings, humans, animals, botanicals still life... whatever it is that inspires you can be taken to new exciting levels with authentic and intriguing lines and marks.
It can be hard to get going with a sketchbook so pop in and join my regular sketchbook group whenever you feel like it! This small informal sketchbook group meets every two weeks and provides creative support, tuition, inspirational prompts and guidance to help start or develop your sketchbook practice.
By using a sketchbook to record life's events, big and small or as a safe place to experiment and find your inner artist, you can learn a lot about yourself whilst developing your own creative skills. Maybe you want to loosen up, learn to draw, paint, write, collage, experiment...a sketchbook is the place for all that and more!
What you get when you buy:
- A video of the live workshop
- Printable instructions and materials list
- Printables references
- Printable task list with additional challenges and things to try!
Sketchbook Club 6: Wild & Reckless Sketching Techniques!
- Pencil 2B or softer (The softer the better so if you have a 6b or 9B dig them out)
- Eraser, Pencil sharpener
- A sketchbook/Loose sheets of scrap/cheap copier paper/A4 cartridge paper(cheaper watercolour paper if you like using wet media)
- A waterproof fine liner pen
- Some wet media...this could be: watercolours and/or gouache and/or ink and/or felt tip/marker pens
- Mixing palette (or china plate)
- A few large brushes size 8-12 or water brush pen
- Some dry media....this could be: Coloured pencils, charcoal/graphite stick, a candle/wax crayon/white oil pastel, chalk, pastels etc.
- Optional: a brush pen if you have one
You will receive links to download your Digital products in the 'Thank You' page of the Checkout, along with an emailed 'Order Summary' which also has a link.
This link will last for 30 days. Because this is a downloadable product, we don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order. We'd be happy to help!
This project is for personal use only and for the purchasing recepient only. The sale of art made from this workshop, or the re-sale of the workshop is forbidden. If you are going to be making a commercial art product based on this workshop with the intention of selling it, please contact me to purchase a commercial licence.