This class is so much fun and perfect for all crafty folk who have a stationary addiction and/or love to add gorgeous embellishments to their sketchbooks and journals! Why not make your own?!
During this workshop, we will mindfully doodle our way through some fantastic historical refences to create a range of unique and personal vintage style label designs. Your finished masterpieces can be used as gift tags, on the front of homemade greetings cards or as a frontispiece/label for artist books, sketchbooks and journals.
I'll show you how to use my fail safe 'recipe' sytem so that you don't have to use your brain too much and can enjoy scribbling along!
If you are like me, you might pretend you are an intrepid Victorian explorer and need to add labels to your illustrated journal OR simply come along for a couple of hours of relaxing creative play...either way you are very welcome!
This workshop is part of the 'Build a book' collection but also works well as a stand alone class which you can take part in independently of the other two.
Check out the other two workshops in this series for some inspirational and magical creative tutorials:
- Build a Book Part 1: Make a Magical Expanding Journal
- Build a Book Part 2: Fill your Magical Expanding Journal
This workshop is suitable for all experience levels
What you get when you buy:
- A recording of the live workshop
- Printable Materials List
- Printable 'inspiration' references and reading list
Build a Book Part 3: Vintage Style Illustrated Labels and Tags
- A dip nib, holder and ink (Optional) Information about what nibs and ink to buy is in the materials list download with this class.
- You could use Fine liners instead (waterproof, nib size 0.5mm and 0.1mm) in brown or black......OR a fountain pen with waterproof or non waterproof ink (NB. Brown fine liner/ink gives a lovely sepia feel to the design)
- Pencil 2B/HB, eraser, sharpener
- Smooth watercolour paper or heavyweight cartridge paper or sketchbook
- Watercolour paints
- Paintbrushes (Round approx size 4, 6, 8)
- Coloured Pencils/water soluble pencils
- White oil pastel/wax crayon/candle
- You will receive links to download your Digital products in the 'Thank You' page of the Checkout, along with an emailed link in your order summary that will last for 30 days.
- Because this is a downloadable product, we don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order. We'd be happy to help!
This project is for personal use only and for the purchasing recepient only. The sale of art made from this workshop, or the re-sale of the workshop is forbidden. If you are going to be making a commercial art product based on this workshop with the intention of selling it, please contact me to purchase a commercial licence.