Have you ever wanted to learn how to create beautiful, flowing modern calligraphy style brush lettering but don't know where to start? Let me show you how in this beginner's workshop...
During this mindful and relaxing workshop, I will share with you my tips, tricks and techniques on how to begin your brush lettering journey!
During this workshop you will learn:
- How to get started and keep going
- Patterns, drills and meditative practice plans
- How to form single letters in upper and lowercase
- How to practice connections and join those letters into words
- How to adapt your own handwriting style into a brush lettered alphabet
- How to collect and develop a style of brush lettering which is uniquely your own
- How to add a fantastic range of EASY special effects to make your brush lettering POP!
- What the best brush pens are and how to use them to the best effect!
You can do this!! Let me teach you how to upgrade your handwriting and learn this amazing and fun form of art which can be used in so many creative projects!
This workshop is suitable for all abilities but aimed at those who have never done brush lettering before.
What you get when you buy:
- A recording of the live workshop
- Printable Materials List
- Printable 'Trace and Copy' references
Beautiful Brush Lettering for Beginners
- Pencil (2B or softer)
- Ruler, Eraser, Pencil Sharpener
- Layout Paper (a smooth, semi transparent paper approx 45-50gsm. Daler Rowney and Goldline pads are very good)
- A larger size brush pen in black... I recommend one of these: A Tombow Dual Brush Pen, A Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen OR A Zebra Brush Pen WFT52 . You might find (with all that practice you will doing) that it might be worth buying two brush pens so you have a back up!
- Black Fine liner Pen
- White gel pen or posca paint pen
- Masking tape/magic tape or a paper clip (for securing your paper to your desk...some people like to use an A4 clipboard for this job)
- OPTIONAL but would recommend:
- Pental Water Brush Pen,
- Thin Cartridge Paper
- Watercolour paint (any colour)
- Water pot and mixing palette
- Nice to add effects with but not essential:
- • Coloured gel pen(s): Sparkly/neon/pastel anything will do! A few coloured pencils: a selection of colours you like!
- Grey or pastel colour felt tip/marker/brushpen.You could even try with a highlighter pen!
- Tortillion/paper smudging stump or a cotton bud (USA:Q-tip). A bit of kitchen/loo roll works too!
- You will receive links to download your Digital products in the 'Thank You' page of the Checkout, along with an emailed link in your order summary that will last for 30 days.
- Because this is a downloadable product, we don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order. We'd be happy to help!
- This project is for personal use only and for the purchasing recepient only. The sale of art made from this workshop, or the re-sale of the workshop is forbidden. If you are going to be making a commercial art product based on this workshop with the intention of selling it, please contact me to purchase a commercial licence.